Monday, March 03, 2014

Silly time with my furry friend


Living in Vancouver, BC we don't get much snow, at least in the city anyway. Well it snowed hard last week (I know for those of you who live in other parts of Canada - and the rest of the snowy winter world 10-15cm is nothing to write home about) but for me it is always a special treat when it does snow and actually sticks to the ground!

With that, I took my furry friend Cooper out for some fun in the fluffy white stuff - a hike near Grouse Mountain and some playtime for Cooper (and it turns out me, too).

When I told Cooper that I had special doggy treats waiting at home for him, he couldn't help but lick his chops - here is a 'selfie' of us goofing around...

And if you have furry K9 friends at home, here is a great simple and healthy recipe for my doggy treats you can make at home...

Garlic And Cheese Doggy Snacks

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup low fat cheese
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock


Method:
Blend dry ingredients including cheese. Add moist ingredients and mix well, first with a spatula and then by hand. When dough is well blended, divide in half and roll each half out to 1/4" thickness. Use doggy bone or heart shaped cutters in various sized depending on the size of your dog.

Bake at 300F for 30 minutes for small biscuits, 40 minutes for large biscuits; they should be firm to the touch and golden brown. Yield depends on size of cookie cutters. Approximately 36 small and 22 medium biscuits.


Bon Barketit!







No comments:

Post a Comment