Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Night Cocktail: Buddha's Elixir

I revere Friday Nights. After a long week, hubs and I have a chance to kick back and chat about the happenings of the week and bounce around ideas of what we would each like to do for the weekend.

Great conversation needs a good drink in my mind, so each Friday, I open up the liquor cabinet and have a glance at what ingredients I can use to concoct a yummy cocktail.

As we are both so fond of Asia, I decided to mix up a refreshing Zen style cocktail that includes Gin (my favourite summer drink), Japanese Sake, some freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and lychee juice!

Ok, I have already had one and the cocktail shaker is shaking as I write - after one sip my troubles are far away and I am feeling at peace, or Zen. Buddha's Elixir - YOU. MUST. TRY. YUM!!!

Buddha's Elixir
Ingredients:
2 ounces Gin
1 ounce Sake
3 ounces Lychee juice
1 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
Lychees and lemon twist for garnish

In cocktail shaker filled with ice, blend Gin, Sake, lychee and grapefruit juice. Shake well, then strain into chilled Martini glass. Garnish with lychee and fresh lemon twist. NAMASTE!


No comments:

Post a Comment